We help San Franciscans navigate the healthcare system to get better services and find solutions
We make the messy simpler and the stressful easier.
Here’s how we do it:
Problem: A relative or friend experiences a serious injury or is diagnosed with a serious illness. You need to help, but you’re juggling a job and family and maybe even live half a continent away.
How We Can Help: We’ll be with you and your loved one every step of the way:
- Find the best treatment options and make sure your loved one has access
- Schedule and accompany your loved one to doctor’s appointments
- Oversee any hospital care
- Track and make a record of all treatments, tests, doctors, medications, and recommendations
- Keep you updated throughout the process, so you don’t have to miss a beat or worry
- Help you understand the choices available when decisions need to be made
Problem: You need a medical specialist or second opinion. How do you find the right person?
How We Can Help: We’ll take the stress out of getting answers and treatment:
- Find the right specialist for you using our nationwide register of hospitals, clinics, and private practices
- Help you get an appointment as quickly as possible
- Accompany you to your appointments, or coach you on how to best talk to your doctor and help you generate a list of questions
- Help you to understand test results, recommendations, and treatment options so you can make the decisions that are right for you
Problem: You experience a serious injury or are diagnosed with a serious illness. At this difficult and frightening time, you have decisions to make about treatments, specialists, and worst-case scenarios.
How We Can Help: We’ll make sure you get the best care and have everything you need to make the decisions that feel right to you:
- Present you with clear, easy-to-understand information about your diagnosis and treatment options
- Locate the best doctor for your illness
- Make sure you get all the care and treatments you need and are entitled to, including medications, physical therapy, appointments with specialists, second opinions, and tests
- Accompany you to appointments and procedures
Problem: Your elderly parent needs support and you want solutions you both feel good about.
How We Can Help: We’ll help you achieve peace of mind:
- Research available options in your area
- Explain the most important factors in selecting quality long-term care
- Assist you in making the right choice for your family
Problem: You or a loved one has a chronic, ongoing condition involving doctors across multiple disciplines, and it’s hard to keep track of it all.
How We Can Help: We’ll help coordinate your care for better results:
- Keep track of diagnoses, recommendations, and prescriptions from all involved physicians
- Ensure all of your doctors have all of your information
- Help your doctors work in concert with each other on your behalf
- Accompany you to doctors’ appointments to be sure all aspects of your care are taken into account
Problem: You or a loved one have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and need to plan for end of life care.
How We Can Help: We’ll support you or your loved one throughout this phase of life:
- Help you decide when to continue treatment and when to move to hospice and/or palliative care
- Be your advocate for effective pain management and dignified treatment
- Act as liaison to your family and/or healthcare team
- Accompany you or your loved one to doctor’s appointments
- Oversee any hospital care
- Communicate with loved ones living in or outside of the area to help keep them updated
- Introduce you to support groups, nursing homes, hospice care, and pet care
Problem: You or a loved one would like to engage in end of life planning
How We Can Help: We’ll help you put everything in order so you can rest easy:
- Help you understand end of life decisions and options so you can decide what’s best for you and your family
- Help you create a personalized living will and advanced healthcare directive that covers all the what-ifs should you become ill—and ensures your wishes will be followed
- Assist you with additional healthcare related legal documents such as durable power of attorney for healthcare and personal finances, and physician’s orders for life-sustaining treatment (POLST)
If you or a friend or relative are facing one of the difficult challenges described here, we’d sincerely love to help. Reach out today.